Friday, February 14, 2020

A sweet little quilt

Yesterday, I finished quilting and binding this little melon quilt.

I love appliqueing the melon shape and used all scraps for this quilt.  It took about a year because I only worked on it at monthly quilt guild sewing sessions and a little over the summer.  It has a mix of cream backgrounds, pieced tea-dyed muslin back, and pieced batting.  The binding came from a partial jelly roll I bought at a neighbor's yard sale.

It's always nice to use stash.  Brown is one of my least favorite colors (khaki is even less desirable), but my artistic aunt using it a lot, especially with pink.  I'm ready to move on to another colorway, though.  

I am hand sewing the binding to the back of the honeycomb quilt, so it is taking a little more time.  I also need to make a binding for the Long Time Gone quilt I got back from the long arm quilter yesterday.  It looks fabulous - can't wait to show it to you.  

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute color - good colors

Unknown said...

If you're looking to lose kilograms then you have to try this totally brand new custom keto plan.

To create this service, certified nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional chefs have joined together to develop keto meal plans that are productive, suitable, cost-efficient, and delicious.

Since their first launch in 2019, hundreds of people have already completely transformed their figure and health with the benefits a proper keto plan can provide.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones provided by the keto plan.