Saturday, March 23, 2024

Snow day

We're having a late winter snow day today, with accumulations of about a foot expected.  Almost everything is closed so it's quiet outside, except for the occasional roar of the snowplows.  

It's only about 20 degrees, which is good, because that means it's a soft, light snow and we probably won't lose power.  I've got laundry going and just finished baking a batch of Snickerdoodle Squares.   They are soft and yummy, tasting like cinnamon toast.  Yes, I just "had" to try one, and it's only 9:30 in the morning!

Yesterday was a busy day, starting with a haircut.  This was my second time with Hollie, and she did a great job.  On the way home, I stopped at Quality Market for necessities, "just in case" - bread and milk - ahead of the snow.  

The ladies of the neighborhood get together for lunch once a month at a restaurant downtown, so I joined them for a salad.  Quite a few neighbors are off traveling or dealing with family issues, so there were only nine of us.  It's always fun to get together.  

I came home and goofed off for a while before Paul and I headed over to Montpelier for dinner with our friends Pauline and Bob, who was celebrating a birthday at our favorite Italian restaurant.   We started with drinks, bread, and a shared antipasto plate before our entrees.  Bob had cake for dessert, and Pauline had a yummy coffee with Kahlua and whipped cream.  Paul and I decided we'd had enough.  But it was all delish, and we even carried some pasta home for today's lunch.

Later, I'll move upstairs to the quilting room and work on Renee's round robin quilt some more.  I like to get the rounds done and put away right after I receive the quilts so that I don't get sloppy waiting til the last minute.  I like to take my time with someone else's quilt.  We'll reveal our group's six "flimsies" at the May meeting, finish the quilts over the summer, and show the finished ones at the September guild meeting.  Tammy has very kindly offered to long arm quilt any round robin quilts for us.  I will definitely take her up on it.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like a nice day, lunch out and evening meal. Still snow - it will go away soon and all of a sudden be spring. We have another cold day coming up Tuesday I believe - hope no frost will need to watch the weather closely