I spent most of yesterday updating the mailing list for the Friends of the Library's annual Light Up the Library fundraiser. We write to merchants, clubs, and individuals, asking for decorated holiday items and gifts to display for two weeks before we raffle them off. Judy and I added some names and deleted others that hadn't participated in the five years we've been doing it. Because Paul and I have a couple of trips planned this fall, I'm trying to get all of the paperwork done sooner than in the past. Or is it really sooner? I do hope to have the initial mailing ready by the end of September.
In between that chore, I did a little bit more quilting on the Pixilated Holland quilt. Even though there are wobbles in the straight lines I'm doing with variegated thread, when I look at the quilt as a whole, it looks pretty good. I have only a few lines left to do and then I can square the piece up and bind it. The question now is: flanged binding or no? I'll do a little test before I cut the strips. The quilt is only about 42 x 49" so it won't take much fabric either way.
I was pleased to get a call last night from my sister in law Linda who had received the origami bag I made and sent to her. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Just forgot! I admired a similar bag made by a quilter I met at the Vermont Quilt Show in June. She showed me how to fold a rectangle of pre-quilted fabric to make such a bag, and I still have the little piece of paper she folded to show me. I had tried to make one before but gave up as the folding was a mystery to me. I will hang onto the little paper pattern and the link as I'd like to make one or two more sometime. Quilters are the nicest, most helpful people.
1 comment:
l like that bag - I remember someone showing how to make one once I don't remember if it was at a show or on a video
Post a Comment