Monday, April 15, 2024

Lottery blocks

Over the weekend, having finished Row F of Dear Jane, I decided to sash the rows together in groups of three.  I'll quilt each set of three when my Elna returns home and, eventually, put the sections together.  I suppose that will happen sometime in 2025!

Realizing that the local guild meeting is tomorrow,  I knuckled down yesterday and made the block of the month for March.  Some lucky person (hope it's not me!) will receive all the blocks that people bring in.  

I do like green and blue together so I made one for myself and one for the lottery.   I have all the Christmas blocks I won in the January lottery to put together, so I really don't want to win these.

This wasn't as easy to make as it looked at first, so this one with a few corners cut off is staying here.  The semi-perfect one will go to guild.

This morning I made the lottery block for the May state guild meeting.   It always makes me feel good to be ahead rather than catching up at the last minute.  I like this block, too, for its springy look.  Again, I made one for the lottery and one for me.  I'll have a nice batch of blocks for a sampler or a few table runners by June at this rate.

After finishing these blocks, I went back to sashing Dear Jane.  I'm cutting the charcoal gray sashing a little wider than Jane's 1" because I want the individual blocks to show up more.  I'm also using lighter gray cornerstones to make the sections line up more precisely.  This is a challenge of quilt-as-you-go.

That was all the sewing I did today.  Now I'm baking rolls and making vegetable soup for dinner.  It's perfect for the gloomy, rainy day we're having.

No comments: