Sunday, October 6, 2024

Gorgeous weather

 

We are having a lovely fall.  The temperatures are between 65 and 75 almost every day.  Every morning's fog promises and delivers a sunny day, and the night temperatures are perfect for sleeping.  This is why we live in Vermont.  We know it will get lousy out eventually, but right now, it is a perfect place to live.

We try to get out for walks most days, and yesterday's showed some of the fall colors to perfection.  I like the colors best when they aren't quite at peak.  Every view is a gift!

I did do some sewing yesterday - finished quilting the bow tie quilt and sewed the binding onto one side.  I need to sew it to the back and may start that later today.  Yesterday I went to a Calico County Quilters meeting.  It's a small group and we usually bring out own projects to work on while chatting.  I finished my sashiko and now have to figure out what to do with it.  I think I will turn it into a wallhanging with a colorful border since the background is a charcoal gray.

This morning I was back outside, working under the birch tree where I removed some ungainly junipers earlier this summer.  I edged around the area covered with leaves and will get Paul to help me mulch tomorrow.  Here's a view from the tree.  Isn't that red tree amazing!?!  I can see its top from my computer, too.

It's been a relaxing weekend, which is good because the week looks like it will be somewhat busy with appointments and social events.  Not a bad life, retirement. 

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are lucky to have a nice fall - we are 91 degrees right now and it is so dry we have officially gone into a burn ban as of tomorrow morning. We are in a drought although I don't think they have made that official - the plants are drying up and I have not seen one pretty tree still - at least tomorrow it goes back to 80's/50's, 60's so hopefully I can sleep with the windows open again.