It was sunny and not too wet outside yesterday so I decided to take pictures of two quilts I finished recently. First is my Modern Dear Jane, which I started 1/1/23 and finished 8/2/26. Phew! I love it and can't wait to put it on our bed. That will have to wait until the cooler nights when we put two on. I will enjoy looking at each little block.
I quilted this myself, in sections, and hand stitched the binding to the back. Here's a close up.
And here's my Christmas Wensleydale which I started last winter and finished in the spring. I had Marie quilt it with her long arm. I machine stitched the binding.
I really don't need another Christmas quilt, but I had a lot of scraps. I thought I could do the whole thing with the scraps in my stash, but found I needed more fabric, including the fabric for the border. It's hard to see in the picture but that inner border is a soft blue to go with the floral outer border. This will be fun to use during the holidays because there are some cute little motifs here and there.



1 comment:
DJ turned out great! glad you enjoyed putting it together.
Post a Comment