I sandwiched the rainbow baby quilt yesterday and started to quilt it. Earlier in the day I bought the batt at the local quilt shop. I needed a 60" x 60" batt fpr this little quilt which measures about 49" square. While I was there, I also found a fun striped fabric with many of the colors in it which I may use for the binding. If not for this quilt, then for another.
The Quilters Dream batt is 100% cotton, and what a difference it is from the 80-20 batts I'm used to using. It's much flatter and more solid which works well so far. I started by using white thread on the top and cream on the bottom - so far so good, with no cream peeking through to the tp. When I get to the various colors, I'll switch thread colors, although I will probably use cream for the yellow since I don't have any yellow thread. I'm just stitching 1/2" from each seam.
I'll continue quilting with the white today before we head to the neighborhood annual summer picnic. We have 18 people coming today for barbecued chicken catered by Randy the Racin' Chef. Last year only two men came, but this year there will be four. Most of the women are the same ones who come to the monthly women's lunches, and I'm disappointed that none of the newer neighbors are coming. Summer is a busy time, and now that school has started again, everyone is getting their final gatherings and trips in before fall foliage season.

No comments:
Post a Comment