Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Pixilated Holland

It's been a little gloomy out lately and Paul hasn't felt well, but I did finally get a picture of the Pixilated Holland wall hanging I finished about a week ago.



I started with a pattern by Karen Abrahamovich who has made patterns in various sizes for all 50 states and several countries.  Not being one to follow a pattern, I found this to be quite intense to work on.  So I decided to make simple borders, using pieces of old curtains.  I still have some other curtains left that I can use sometime.  Guess I'm a hoarder of Dutch fabric.  I used variegated blue thread for the quilting which was quite simple, too.

My to-do list is rather long but I did manage to do a little yard work last weekend.  I have more to do... eventually.  It's been chillly out - 40ish in the mornings, rising into the 60s later.  Paul came down with what appears to be a cold so we haven't been walking much.  I have taken a few walks around the neighborhood by myself., and I even met some new people two doors down.  Because of his illness (not sure what it is despite tests and a chest xray), we decided not to go to my 60th high school reunion this coming weekend.  I just didn't want to make the 12 hour drive down and back alone.  We can always go down to visit the specific people I want to see another time.  They've promised to take pictures which will be nice.

The "Bags of Love" people put out a call for small baby quilts, so I got out some house blocks from my rainbow scrap challenge bin, put them together, and started quilting this morning.  I got so involved that I almost missed my scheduled pedicure.  It's cute and I hope it will make some foster baby happy.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope Paul feels better soon. You have been busy - 40/60 sounds good to me - nice walking weather!! The quilt turned out great