It felt so good Saturday to put the last stitches into the hanging sleeve of Pixilated Holland! I added Dutch tile squares cut from my old kitchen curtains for the border and then quilted it in vertical straight lines with variegated blue thread. I just went parallel to the seam lines, and I'm pleased with the result. You can barely see the wobbly lines now that it's all done. This was just the right size quilt for machine quilting on my Elna. I'll take it to guild tomorrow night to get a good picture.
As is usual for me whenever I finish a big project, I took a break from quilting yesterday. We went to Paul's sister's for brunch, I did a load of laundry, and then I sat down to read for the rest of the day. I have a few ideas of what to work on next, but it does feel weird not to have anything hanging in the closet waiting to be finished.
But I am not feeling smug about it since I have 18 items on my UFO list - projects mostly half done, including several project boxes whose contents might end up being small quilts. I'll take a look today, especially at the box of log cabin blocks made in rainbow colors since Christmas. Speaking of that holiday, I do have a tree skirt I want to make for the library's Light Up the Library display//raffle. And what about those shopping bags I planned to make the library staff? Oh, boy. I really don't feel smug now!
1 comment:
you are caught up on the quilting? wow good job
Post a Comment