Saturday, October 3, 2026

Dragging my feet

I really don't like to hand sew binding!  It has taken me a week to finish binding the purple Round Robin quilt I made with guild members.  It's so easy to procrastinate but it is now finished.  I often sew the whole binding by machine because I'm not sure who will end up with it.  Will they machine wash it a lot?  Will it go to a child in foster care? Is the person ill?  I have a bag of four quilts that I'll give to Bags of Love later this week for kids going into foster care.  And I have a friend undergoing cancer treatment that might like a quilt.  I need to downsize my collection because I'm out of storage space.  And, of course, I keep making quilts. 


At any rate, yesterday I knuckled down and finished the purple throw.  One of the reasons I needed to hand sew the binding down was that I rounded the corners.  The person who made the last border added a very plain one. and I thought the quilt would look better with something curvy.  Before it came back  to me, I had thought I'd applique the last border, but it had a large 

bulge in the middle.  Marie, my friend and quilter, managed to "quilt it out 

 This weekend I put most of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge log cabin blocks together into a 7 x 8 block top.  I made a list of the colors for the next row and hung the UFO into the closet.  Paul's brother is arriving Sunday for a few days, so my quilting/guest room will be taken and we'll be busy.  I don't want to start on anything that's messy.   Guess I'll work on my knitting today when I get a chance.  The purple scarf is nearly finished, so it's time to roll up another hank of yarn.

ps.  while I was writing this Microsoft Edge decided it needed editing and enhancement.  I had to work hard to eliminate its "help."  Big Brother is out there...


No comments: