Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas at our house

Thought you might like to see a Christmas throw I made about 20 years ago.  We had it hanging all year long in the stairwell of the B&B, and now I just get it out for the holidays.  It's a sampler/medallion throw with a cozy flannel back.  I made a pillow out of some scraps last year, and they look nice together on that antique chair no one uses (unless there's no other option).

I have a Christmas Dear Jane variation on the sofa and a Bonnie Hunter "Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll" in Christmas fabrics on a wing chair.  When I get out these quilts, it finally feels like Christmas has arrived here.  I have finished shopping and wrapping, and yesterday I finished my wool appliqued Santa.  Now it's time to make Chex Mix and cookies.  In fact, my second batch of Chex Mix (Chris' favorite) is cooling.   I will pack some up for Chris and his friends later.   I'll bake a bundt cake Tuesday for the quilt guild meeting, and then a few batches of cookies, just because I can.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will do baking today and then on and off a few holiday varieties are a must. I think I should do more holiday color quilts to have around at this time of year - makes the house look festive

Blogger said...

Do this hack to drop 2lb of fat in 8 hours

More than 160,000 women and men are utilizing a easy and SECRET "water hack" to drop 1-2 lbs each and every night in their sleep.

It is simple and it works on anybody.

This is how you can do it yourself:

1) Get a glass and fill it up half full

2) Proceed to learn this crazy HACK

and be 1-2 lbs lighter the very next day!