Saturday, December 14, 2019

Eventful days

The holidays are fun but can be hard on folks.  I went to two dinner parties last weekend, and today we have two open houses to go to.  One is at our public library and is a first community Christmas party there.  Long ago, in my first library job, I instituted one which was a huge success and became an annual tradition.  

After the library party, we're heading a few blocks away for an open house at Fred's.  He has done quite a bit of energy saving renovation, and the city Energy Committee wants to highlight his work.  He deserves the recognition.  We went to a party at his house last year, and it is very cozy.

Before the two parties, I'll look in on the Calico County Quilters meeting.  I have been machine quilting the state quilt guild logo challenge wall hanging and want to show it to Robin.  I was in a quandary about how to quilt this center but ended up highlighting the star in the center with a row stitched in the ditch and an echo.  I'll post a picture when it's finished.

She and I figured out the pattern which is the Vermont #2 block on www.quilterscache.com with a Delectable Mountains border.  It was difficult, and my mountains are really hills.  I've added some borders to make it about 36" square now.  Robin's is a little smaller, but she's hand quilting it.  I'm curious to see it.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you are very busy - that can be good a Xmas time but sometimes too busy?

Blog27999 said...

Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

Well over 160 thousand men and women are losing weight with a simple and secret "liquid hack" to burn 2lbs each night while they sleep.

It is very easy and works with anybody.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Hold a glass and fill it half the way

2) And now learn this weight losing HACK

and become 2lbs lighter the very next day!

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's in fact the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 pounds lighter than we do.

(By the way, it is not related to genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING around "how" they eat.)

P.S, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

Tap on this link to uncover if this easy questionnaire can help you find out your real weight loss potential