Monday, December 23, 2019

Cookies!

The cookie shortage at our house is now over.  I got right to business this morning after showering and having breakfast.
I wanted to try the chocolate "surprise" cookie recipe that I think I got from Martha Stewart.  I always find her recipes fool-proof.  The chocolate dough was easy enough to make, and after baking for 10 minutes, you put half a marshmallow on top of each one and let it melt sightly.  After the cookie cools, you put a gob of frosting on top.  the cookie itself isn't too sweet, but the marshmallow and frosting makes it a meal by itself.

Then I made chocolate chip and molasses cookies, both from Betty Crocker mixes.  Even though they're easy, they taste very good and make about a dozen and a half.  I'm all about portion control these days, even though my output doesn't make it seem so.   I will pack some up for Chris to either take home or take over to friends.

As the cookies were cooling, I made some sweet roasted pecans some of which I plan to use in a salad with blue cheese on Christmas eve. And that's enough cooking for me considering yesterday I made a French Canadian meat pie (tourtiere) and French bread to serve to company.   Now it's time for me to put my feet up and enjoy the holiday.  An extra plus:  the sun is shining and it's 40 degrees out!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I've been baking all morning and will continue this afternoon as some of the stuff needs to chill awhile before shaping and baking. The sun is out here to and I will get in some walks around the property in between things - supposed to hit 60!
Have a very Merry Christmas

Blogger said...

If you're trying to lose kilograms then you certainly need to start using this brand new personalized keto meal plan diet.

To produce this service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and top chefs have joined together to produce keto meal plans that are efficient, suitable, money-efficient, and fun.

Since their first launch in January 2019, 100's of individuals have already remodeled their figure and health with the benefits a smart keto meal plan diet can give.

Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto meal plan diet.