Monday, May 6, 2024

Guild raffle

The treasurer of the state guild believes we need to step up our fundraising and suggested a raffle.  The board would make the quilt which would travel around the state during 2025, and members would sell tickets for a drawing in the fall of 2025.  I'm skeptical but game.  It would be good publicity and maybe encourage some quilters from around the state to join the guild.

At the cut-a-thon last Sunday afternoon, we each received kits to make six blocks.  One person couldn't come, so she will be receiving her kit this coming Saturday at our spring meeting.  Fabric came from one board member's extensive stash.  What a great shopper she is!  She's one of those people who buys multiple yards of fabric she likes.  I tend to get a yard or even less if I see something I love, so my stash is much smaller.  I buy background fabrics in larger quantities, but no more than 3 yards at a time.

We are making a disappearing nine patch quilt and setting them using a pattern from Jordan Fabrics in Maine.  I love the way my blocks turned out.  The light gray prints will be mixed, and the teal and black will be constants.  We will ask for a volunteer to quilt it for us, and I think it will appeal to non-quilters, especially men.

It was a rainy day yesterday, and I spent most of it in the sewing room for a change.  I worked on the guild block of the month and finished machine quilting Rows A, B and C of Dear Jane.  There are a few blocks that need hand quilting because the little Brother isn't great for free motion or doing sharp curves with the walking foot.  


No comments: