Friday, December 9, 2022

Finishes


I like to knit, both just to relax and also to keep my hands occupied so I don't snack.  The part I dislike the most, however, is weaving the loose ends in after the project is finished.  Over the last couple of days, I've done that to three projects, two of them long ago finishes.   

Last summer, I made a shawl in a dark green metallic yarn that was very basic but pretty.   I really liked working with that particular yarn which was soft and very shimmery.  I'm giving that to Pauline for Christmas.  In the fall, I made a striped scarf for "Bags of Love," in fall colors.  It needed blocking and then the loose threads woven in.  

A few weeks ago, I finished the second of two hats for my Wisconsin brother.  One was striped blue and the other was plain blue.  He can keep one or both or give whichever hat(s) away. 


I have lots of off white and blue yarn left, so I decided to make another hat.  They are really pretty easy on straight needles, and the hat I finished yesterday turned out pretty good.  I wove those loose ends in yesterday, too.   Whenever I do that step, I wonder why I drag my feet so.  It only takes a little while.  It's going to Bags of Love, too.

My next project is a pair of socks using fingering yarn and four #2 needles.  That should take me a while and I sure hope it's worth the time and effort!  I knit while watching TV, but on those tiny needles, I wonder just how much I will actually see.

It really is nice to get some of these projects on their way to other people.  My knitting basket is just about empty.  


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is a nice change from quilting for sure!