Saturday, August 17, 2024

A great quilt show!


 

Yesterday, Paul and I met our friends Pauline and Bob in Woodstock (VT) where the Billings Farm and Museum is having a summer-long quilt exhibit.  There are 56 juried quilts and 14 commissioned barn quilts on display.  The barn quilts are on the farm buildings and it was fun to wander around looking at them.  

Of course, there are farm animals to pet and watch, too, but I was most excited to see my own Hankie Quilt #2 on display - in a perfect spot right by some glass doors.  I ran into the Curator and thanked him for putting my quilt in such a prominent and lovely spot.  He says the exhibit is going well and they plan to have one next year.

Following are a few other photos I took of the quilts - one was just amazing with very intricate quilting and embellished with over 4,000 beads!


This was my favorite, I think.  So simple, yet the color placement and the vertical quilting were spot on.
















Each of the hexies was hand appliqued, and the fabrics are prints and solids.  It's another "wish I'd thought of that" quilt!



No comments: