Saturday, January 24, 2009
We are going to stay right here at Maplecroft for a few months while we pack and figure out where we want to live. We have begun telling everyone in town in hopes that they will know of a house, walkable to downtown, that has not yet come on the market. Although we looked at quite a few houses and condos beginning in November and even offered on one, we have not yet found the right house for us. Our needs aren't that complex but we do want smaller, manageable, quiet, walkable, with garden space. Keeping our fingers crossed that something "ideal" comes along.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
In 2008, I completed quite a few quilting UnFinishedObjects. At this point, I have the following UFOs in process:
- hand quilt and bind small white-on-white and "Candy Land" pieces
- finish quilting pink Lone Star throw
- sandwich, quilt and bind siggie throw
- bind raffle quilt
- figure out what to do with the last two of Tante Wil's UFOs
- work on All-Sorts blocks (DJ, DH, etc.)
- make a DJ block a month for my secret pal
- put together 3 years worth of holiday Dear Jane blocks
Of course, there are always new projects to distract me, including the 7 pocket bag we'll be making at my Saturday group. The hardest part of that so far has been choosing fabrics, but I finally ended up with black and white scraps with a hint of red. And Chris' bathmat (Indonesian prints with solid black) turned out so nice that I want to make one of my own. Maybe for the new house!