Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions

What can be more appropriate for a new year than the ubiquitous resolution? I have many things I'd like to do, but one I am hoping to stick to. That is, to go to the gym every other morning, to walk in the mall with Cindy at least once a week (the weekdays I don't go to the gym), and to walk downtown whenever the sidewalks allow safe passage.

In 2008, I completed quite a few quilting UnFinishedObjects. At this point, I have the following UFOs in process:
  • hand quilt and bind small white-on-white and "Candy Land" pieces
  • finish quilting pink Lone Star throw
  • sandwich, quilt and bind siggie throw
  • bind raffle quilt
  • figure out what to do with the last two of Tante Wil's UFOs
  • work on All-Sorts blocks (DJ, DH, etc.)
  • make a DJ block a month for my secret pal
  • put together 3 years worth of holiday Dear Jane blocks

Of course, there are always new projects to distract me, including the 7 pocket bag we'll be making at my Saturday group. The hardest part of that so far has been choosing fabrics, but I finally ended up with black and white scraps with a hint of red. And Chris' bathmat (Indonesian prints with solid black) turned out so nice that I want to make one of my own. Maybe for the new house!

No comments: