Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our house is in an uproar...

...but the new floor is beginning to take shape. Matt spent most of Mon. and Tues. prepping. By last night, he had the dining room and a third of the living room done. It looks beautiful, but we really are feeling at sixes and sevens. For days, the top step carpet to the basement was ripped up, so I felt nervous about carrying laundry down. I'll be able to do it tomorrow, though, since the new nosing is on. Paul has one clean flannel shirt left - and he wears them 9 months out of the year!

Max, our dog, keeps looking for a quiet place to be and follows us everywhere, including the bathroom. He hates noise and this is quite a noisy job. I usually sit in the living room to applique and read, and there's a painting on the bed in the guest room, so I join him in looking for a comfortable place to be. I am quilting a maple leaf wallhanging for my Saturday quilt guild to enter into the Vermont Quilt Festival special exhibit of the "Treasures of the Green Mountains." I've actually made pretty good head-way, using variegated beige thread on the background and variegated fall colors thread on the leaves (thanks, Karen!).

Through it all, I seem to have developed a cold. I don't have a stuffy nose, just aches and chill. It feels like flu but I had both flu shots, so if it is, it should be a mild case. At any rate, ibuprophen and Vitamin C are keeping me going.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you are not getting sick Marianne, that is never fun. Especially when you have so much going on in your house. I have felt just a little off myself the last two days. I will be just fine then start to feel nauseated, then ok again - hope all goes well for you.
Flannel shirts nine months out of the year! LOL - we are lucky to be able to wear them for 4 or 5 months and they are so comfy aren't they?

Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/