Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A coupla quilt finishes

It was sunny today although cold enough that the plow people sprayed salt in our driveways this morning. It was really windy, too, which wreaked havoc with the trash and recycling that we set out. I hope most of it stayed in the bins.


I finished binding my Asian Jane quilt a few days ago. It took over two years to finish, but, part of that time, it was at the long arm quilter's. I love the Asian prints with solid black (I used Keepsake's Amish black fabric), and the 4.5" blocks came from Dear Jane, Dear Hannah, and a few other sources. Because some of the Asian prints feature fairly large motifs, I alternated Dear Jane-style triangles with solid black. I love the back, too, which is a teal green Jinny Beyer fabric. Many of the Asian fabrics were gifts from my 2009 Dear Jane Secret Pal, Julia.


I had a lot of Asian fabric scraps left since the blocks are small, so I made a Chinese Coins table topper last week. It has Thanksgiving fabric on the back which goes well with the black binding. It went together very quickly, and I quilted it myself, in the ditch as well as a little free-motion here and there.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Great looking quilts - I bet you are glad to be done with them.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/