Monday, March 21, 2011

So much for spring!

As I write this, it is snowing hard, and 5-9" is predicted. The weekend was so nice that I even thought about putting my boots away. Good thing I didn't!

Snow or bad weather is no problem, really. I'm reading a good book (Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart) and have plenty of sewing to do. I am almost finished sewing the binding down on a batik throw, and I'm getting a head start on Friendship Swap blocks. So far, 16 people have already signed up for the 9" blocks, made in cream, green on green, and floral prints. I expect more will join in, and although the deadline isn't until the end of the summer, I have a couple of ideas for future quilts that I'd like to work on. I guess I am still "in-box" oriented, even after two years of retirement.

This morning, I also made a couple of blocks for the "Virtual Bee" I'm in. One is for the pink and brown quilt and the other for the black and white with a hint of color quilt. I'm expecting a batch of black, white, and red 6" blocks toward the beginning of July, and will add them to the blocks I have already made with various bright accent colors.

1 comment:

Pat from Florida said...

Love you jars. I made one with jelly beans a couple years ago for our bookcase swap.