Saturday, September 7, 2013

A "fiddly" block

This month's Block Lotto in one of my online groups features a "Buddhist pinwheel" block.  It is supposed to end up at 12" square and use dark, medium, medium-light, and light fabrics in quarter-square triangles arranged a particular way.  This makes a 9" square that has a 1.5" border all the way around.  I decided to make two blocks, keep the worst one and send the other to Tricia, this month's "winner."  My block will go into the sampler I'm making with a navy blue background.


Finishing these brought quite a good feeling of accomplishment because there seemed no shortcut method to arranging the colors.  Each segment had to be carefully laid out.  Still, it turned out quite good if I do say so myself!  But I can't imagine ever doing a whole quilt!

1 comment:

Pat from Florida said...

You block looks great. I can't find any pattern or order in the way these pinwheel colors are laid out. I'll be cutting triangles too. Good for you for accomplishing 2 of these blocks. I'll be happy with one for Tricia!