Tuesday, June 16, 2015

3 quilts on display!

Our public library has a nice display of photos by the local newspaper's photographer, but they only used up one wall of the meeting room's space.  The empty space is behind where the podium usually is, so the librarian asked me if I had any quilts I could bring to dress up the spot.  There are weekly author programs as well as other programs during the week.

Because they still had hanging sleeves, I took the two quilts I showed at our recent quilt show.  Then I sewed a new sleeve onto the quilt I made Karen, our librarian, in 2012.  It has autographs of the authors who spoke at hte library that summer, along with those of staff, trustees, and members of the Friends of the Library.  It is in the middle and will be a nice backdrop to the refreshments we'll be having at Karen's retirement party on Sunday. 

Here's how they look!
 
 

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty!! nice place to display