A few days ago, I started making pinwheels using a couple of charm packs I've had for at least a year. They're 1930's prints by Boundless from Craftsy. I like their solids more than Kona solids, but hadn't worked with any prints before. I'm not wild about the "hand" of these prints. They feel cheap to me, but the resulting quilt will be small anyway. I have a bundle of fat quarters in a different line of Boundless prints and hope they feel a little more substantial.
I used the quick and dirty method of making the half square triangles, putting two squares face-to-face, sewing all the way around the four sides, and cutting diagonally both ways. This results in lots of bias edges, but it's fast and when fabric isn't prewashed, it doesn't stretch too much... in theory. I only hope the reds don't run in the wash.
Yesterday, we had a young man scraping our little back porch, using a sander much of the day. At the same time, the lawns were being mowed, so the cacophony was overwhelming. I usually read for a while after lunch, and sometimes I even take a little nap. Not yesterday! I spent most of the day sewing, farthest from the "action." I got a lot of blocks made and then started to sash them in an on-point setting. I have a few charm squares left, but probably not enough for a pieced border.
The porch work continues today until it rains, possibly this afternoon. So I'll work in the sewing room again and will probably finish the top. That will make 3 waiting to be quilted, so it's time to tackle at least one before starting anything new. I also need to put a binding on the little quilt I made last week. This weekend looks relatively free, so I hope to make a little progress with UFOs.