Craftsy. I love the way the 10" blocks are turning out, but I only have enough to make about 20 blocks. I've only got two more to put together, having cut almost all of the pieces with my Go Baby die cutter. This has worked really well, and I wonder why I don't use it more often. The die I have gives me the pieces for half-square triangles and coordinating 2.5" squares. My only problem has been counting since the blocks require three different fabrics, some with 4 pieces and some with 8.
Some of my "tulips" have been yellow and some blue. I guess you know why this block has always appealed to me, considering my Dutch roots. I do love the yellow and blue combination, and when Chris stopped by the other day, he admired the blocks, too.
Vermont Quilt Festival, where I will look through the vendors booths for that fabric. There's one I always stop at that has lovely shirtings, and it's usually right down from my friends Franco and Wilma's thread booth.
Right now, I'm thinking of a thin yellow border (the color may be "goldenrod") followed by a wide appliqued vine border. I've been looking at various quilts on Pinterest online for ideas for simple vines, similar to the quilt at left by Lori Smith. There is a blue and white striped fabric in the fabric line that I could use for the vine and quilt binding. Then I'll use scraps from the blocks for the leaves and dots.
I want to try using the a turned edge machine applique technique that I learned Thursday in David Taylor's class. He uses invisible nylon thread, but I may opt for cotton. Once again, this is an evolving project, but that's what makes quilting so much fun. This project has no potential home as yet, so I'm taking my time.