Monday, September 10, 2018

Free as a Bird



This week's Splendid Sampler 2 block is entitled "Free As a Bird," and I finished it (except for a bead eye and embroidered legs/feet) today.  The blocks come out on Thursdays and it always takes me a day or two to pick my fabrics.  I may add a button for the center of the little flower.

It was full of lots of fussy little pieces.  Those leaves were a bit fiddly, but my trusty round toothpick helped me roll the points under smoothly.  What will I do if I lose it?  I can't remember which restaurant it came from...

We've had some busy days and this week the busy-ness continues with a library board meeting, a Democrats meeting, leading a nature walk, yoga, picking up a quilt at Dee's shop,volunteering at the Vermont Historical Society, and serving as my friend Guy's campaign treasurer again as he runs for state House again.  But at least that will end in early November after I file the final report.  More immediately, my brother and his wife are coming Saturday and leaving sometime Sunday.  So, whenever I can, I'll be cleaning and straightening in advance of their visit.

But after today's library board meeting, my term will officially be over.  I'll do the last minutes, and then go back to being "just" a Friend.  Phew!  It is hard, being a trustee.  Then on Friday, will be my next to last volunteering morning, as the personnel is being shuffled to have Diane work at the reception desk rather than in her other office.  She will handle visitors in the place of volunteers some of whom are admittedly aging and not as sharp as in the past.  So I will be "free as a bird" myself in a few weeks with less of a schedule.  I'm trying not to fill it immediately, too, so that I'll have more time to work on UFOs and to travel.  We'll see how that goes!

No comments: