Sunday, July 10, 2022

A lovely weekend

Our weather has been fantastic the last couple of days - sunny, low humidity, warm but not too warm, and plenty cool for sleeping.  Perfect!  Friday we took Manny and Mary out to a long, leisurely lunch at a local favorite.  We ate far too much, and I ended up taking a nap at 4 pm.  This made it hard to sleep, so I woke up too early on Saturday.  

We drove to Burlington to attend a play at St. Michael's Playhouse called Into the Breeches.  It took place during World War II when "all" the men were fighting and the women were home and in need of some entertainment.  A few women actors decided to put on Shakespeare's Henry IV and Henry V.  All the parts were to be played by women, including the male parts.  Hilarity ensued, and it was so nice to get back to theater again after three summers without.   During the intermission, a librarian we knew and worked with came by to chat.  It was fun to see her and her husband again.

We have been meaning to get out into the Town Forest for another walk, and this morning we finally did.  We took the Grand Lookout Trail, one of our favorites because it ends with a fantastic view of Barre and the mountains, including Camel's Hump, the distinctive peak on our state quarter.  Along the way are a series of sculptures, including Hephaestus, god of fire.  Funny thing is, when I got home, Facebook reminded me that four years ago on this day, I posted another picture of Paul and a group of walkers at this very spot.



1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice to think of a walk in the woods and here it is just to darn hot to even think I would last 5 minutes!! about the only walking outside here is from the house to the garden or from the parking lot to the store! I will be so glad if we have a nice long fall.
Covid numbers are going up here again and I see very few people wearing face masks - I'm not sure how much I will intermingle with people right now - I hate wearing a mask so I have not been in and out of a lot of places unless I know I will have plenty of space