Thursday, March 2, 2023

Daily snow

We have had a fairly quiet winter so far, and the temperatures have been pretty nice.  The sugarmakers got an early start, too, with the much-needed above freezing days and below freezing nights.  I think that's still the case, but now we have been having snow every other day, making for slippery roads.  Tuesday, we were to go to Burlington, an hour away, for the musical The Book of Mormon.  I bought the tickets in November, and we planned to spend the night at Pauline and Bob's.  They live about 1/2 a mile from the theater, and Pauline was going with us.  


It snowed all day, but we headed out at 3 pm anyway.  I took it easy driving, and we made it without any problem.  There was an accident that closed the interstate, but we were luckily on the other side.  Pauline's dinner was great; the show, too; and we were able to catch up with Bob at breakfast.  The roads home were clear and dry, as is typical of Vermont.  If it's not snowing, all is well.

Today it's snowing again (every other day, remember?), so I'll stay in and continue quilting on the pineapple quilt.  I'm doing "organic" wiggly lines across with my walking foot, and so far, it's looking good.  There was a little bleeding of hot pink when I spritzed the lines, but I don't anticipate selling or giving this one away.   It took so much work that I want to enjoy it myself, at least for a while. 


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the quilt - no one will notice a little pink bleed but you. so much snow - I'm glad we don't get that much but I could do with out all the bad thunderstorms here with tornado watches and warnings.