Friday, September 22, 2023

Another neutral quilt


I'm not sure what's going on in the world, but I was asked to make another neutral baby quilt.  With all the colors in the world, it seems a shame to surround a baby in neutrals.  Nonetheless, when Paul's sister sent me a suggestion, I realized that, rather than doing a custom job, I had a small top in the closet waiting to be quilted.  I quickly took a picture of the top and she loved it.  

Our Joann Fabrics is closed due to the flood, so she's going to look for some flannel for the back and mail it to me.  When it comes, I'll quilt it in a simple grid and send it to her in Florida.

This little quilt was made completely of "strings."  Foundation pieced strings were surrounded  by scrappy log cabin blocks.  I bought no new fabric for this top, always a plus!  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

usually people want bright colors but sometimes they will ask for a weird assortment of neutrals claiming they are good for babies for some reason - where people come up with these ideas is beyond me - its not like the baby tells them LOL