Saturday, October 12, 2024

A great class

Thursday I zoomed a class with Beth Ann Williams called "Easy and Effective Machine Quilting with a Walking Foot."  It's a two part class, with more good info next Thursday.  Beth Ann showed a number of marking tools that I have but haven't tried very much, as well as those I haven't heard of.  I'm heading to the quilt shop this morning to see if I can find some.  Here's a link to her blog updating her test of marking tools.

We went over various ways of echo quilting as well as stabilizing the sandwich and moving it without turning.  Her hints were very helpful, and I enjoyed working on the homework.  That involved practicing marking and stitching.  If you are looking for a useful class, I would recommend Beth's.  She is practical and very approachable.  

Beth said that physical limitations have led her to quilt most things with a walking foot these days, and the quilts she showed were really nice.  I have stopped trying the do free motion quilting myself because I find it stressful.  I can never seem to regulate the tension and length of my stitches, but my walking foot stitches turn out great.  When I want curlicues, I take a quilt to a long armer.  Much of what she talked about, I already knew to some extent, but it felt good to dive a little deeper into the subject.  Can't wait til next Thursday!

No comments: