Yesterday our neighbor came over for dinner wearing a sweatshirt. It was a bit too chilly to sit outside while Paul and he grilled the brats, Wisconsin style. Rich is from the midwest so he was coaching lifelong New Englander Paul on the finer points. They turned out delicious and went well with my potato salad and baked beans. At any rate, I'm sure we'll have some warmer days going forward, but we did enjoy the cooler evening. "Good sleeping weather," as the former TV weather lady always said.
Fall is just about everyone's favorite season here, and I now have a hankering for cider donuts, chili, and apple pie. But there are plenty of summer things we haven't done yet, including walking up to the Grand Lookout (at left), visiting the Shelburne Museum, and more. Where does the time go?
I spent yesterday morning hemming a curtain for another neighbor's front door. I had been worrying about it because home sewing is just not what I do. To begin the project, I cleaned my machine thoroughly and changed to a 70/10 needle with white thread. I also measured against the former curtain several times to make sure I'd end up with the proper length. And it all worked out great, and my neighbor was pleased.
I did sew another white round on the rainbow baby quilt, and today I'll tackle the blue scrappy round. I continue, albeit slowly, to knit on the purple scarf. I'd like to finish it so i can get back to knitting a few more hats for foster kids through Bags of Love. I use bigger needles for those so they get done faster.
I'm reading an interesting mystery for my book group, Murder by Degrees, set in 1873. It tells the story of a woman doctor who discovers during an autopsy that a supposed suicide is really murder. So far it's very atmospheric and full of medical details. This is a bit of a departure for me, but I'm enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment