Monday, September 7, 2026

Rainbow baby quilt

The sun was shining brightly yesterday so we finally managed to get a photo of the finished quilt.  It's going to be a boy, so little Daley will be a big brother.  They had a gender reveal party over the weekend - amazing how American activities have slipped over the Atlantic to the Netherlands.

I love the striped binding and was happy to find the stripes slanted on the bias.  In pawing through my stash in search of something fun, I noticed several other striped fabrics just waiting to be cut into  binding.  Since I have several rainbow scrap challenge quilts on the slow go, I'm sure I'll be using them soon.

The back was made of a bunch of 10" squares my former neighbor Carol gave me as she was packing to move.  She was sorry to be so drastically downsizing, and I hope her new place has more room than she thought so she can build a new stash there.  I arranged the squares as a nine patch initially and then cut them, disappearing nine patch style.  I like the way the quilting stands out.

Happy Labor Day!  I hope to get out and do a little shopping.  We need some new sheets for the guest bed (we're still using some from our B&B days), and I want to get some mum plants for the front (actually the planters in the driveway).   Then I'm going to make some chili - there is definitely a touch of fall in the air every morning here.

No comments: