Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Life in the slow lane

Everyone asks how I am liking retirement. Simply put, it is an incredible amount of fun! This morning I watched a steady stream of cars crawl by my house and down the hill to work. I didn't turn on WCAX to see if schools were cancelled or state offices had a delayed opening. I just went back to sewing, thankful that I didn't have to navigate the traffic, worry about the front walk at MRL, or clean off my car in a hurry. I can take my time doing just about anything. I can even read in the middle of the day! I have not worn a watch since January 1.

3 comments:

rmlrhonda said...

YAAY Marianne! I'm glad life in the slow lane is good. Rhonda

mary carney said...

Yea! Marianne so good to connect with you in cyberland! Glad to hear life is good. Your quilt looks gorgeous! Mary

Kate said...

Marianne, if you weren't such a nice person I could be having very bad thoughts about this posting. This past week every drive to work except one has been far too exciting, and I have a completed quilt top that I haven't touched since November. But if someone out there is going to be having fun, I'm glad it's you!
Kate Davie