Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 3: Flickr and its mashups

I have a bunch of photos of quilts I've made posted for some time, but I only made one "public." If you want to look at it, its URL is http://www.flickr.com/photos/7799607@N03/2202574254/ It took me several years to make the 93 blocks for this quilt, which I put together during the first two weeks of my retirement. Each block is 4.5" so many of the blocks are quite detailed. I don't know if I will make more of my quilts public, as I am a little uncomfortable having them "out there." It's like a virtual quilt show! I did explore making a calendar, photo album, or other gifts using them but the holidays came and went before I could make up my mind. I am really not a great digital photographer yet.


Still, I enjoyed playing Flickr Sudoku, even though I found the photos a little hard to see. The other mashups were interesting to fool around with, too.

5 comments:

PLLoggerR said...

Wow! Really impressive quilt! Thank you for sharing.

rmlrhonda said...

The quilt is beautiful, thanks for sharing! Rhonda

Kate said...

As they say in the vernacular, "Jeezum crow"! Those are all 4 1/2" blocks?! After break I'm going to attempt to teach some middle schoolers to piece some quilt squares. I pre-cut some squares -- at four inches because I figured that was as small as we could reasonably expect them to work. Would you mind if I showed them this photo, to help give them sense of the larger world of quilting?

Marianne said...

Sure, Kate, you are welcome to show them. My nieces, ages 6 and 8, pieced 3" squares with no prior sewing experience and did a pretty good job!

Kate said...

Cool, thanks for sharing. I'm trying to remain optimistic about how this project is going to pan out -- only time will tell.