Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Central Vermont Quilt Show success!

308 visitors + 9 vendors + 38 lovely quilts by area quilters = lots of energy! I guess the cliche "if you build it, they will come" really applied, and that's exactly what Paul and I set out to prove. There were some bumps along the way and we were exhausted at the end, but it was all worth it. People had a good time, and quilters realized that not every show is full of art quilts by professionals. I think they may feel less threatened to enter a show another year.

My good friend Samantha took a lot of photos which are available here: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=irishlazz&target=ALBUM&id=5333963081041097121&authkey=Gv1sRgCMvAmqHhlpKllwE&feat=email
The variety of style and skill is evident, and so is the accessibility of the show. The Old Labor Hall is a perfect venue for such an event - funky, not too big, comfortable. I'm glad we did and glad it's over. Time to do a little quilting for myself!

No comments: