Sunday, May 24, 2009

Where does time go?



Everyone I know who is retired agrees that times seems to fly during retirement. There just never seems to be enough time to do everything we want. This week I felt I did very little, but the week was gone in no time at all. It was a nice week - book group, oil change, quick trip with Paul to NH, cookout with Chris.

Tuesday, after walking in the mall with Cindy, I shopped for a quilt class next week. That afternoon and evening, I cut all the pieces I'd need for the class, and Wed. and Thurs. I sewed them. There were 43 tubes of varying lengths to sew, turn right side out, and iron. I used the bodkin I'd had for years in a box marked "miscellaneous supplies," stuff I'd decided I might need someday. I had thought about just tossing it when I moved, but now I'm glad I didn't.

After I finished that project, I decided to finish my Dear Jane Spring Fling blocks. I appliqued several "Buffalo Treehopper" blocks while waiting for my oil change Thurs. and then started work on "Molly's Muffins." These are in mint fabric - very sweet. I'm hoping to make a few more blocks in '30's fabrics soon.


My next project will be to bind a red and off-white quilt that Mary just finished quilting for me. It looks beautiful.

No comments: