Saturday, October 3, 2009

Meet the "neighbors"

After many months here without someone next door, we finally have a new neighbor. It is good to see lights on there at night. But imagine our surprise when these guys (and gals) started coming to the backyard almost every day! They have grown considerably since we first saw them a couple of months ago. Ungainly, yes, but quite amusing. What's interesting is that the dog doesn't bark at them. A friend told me her dog doesn't bark at them either. Guess they know they should be here.

Yesterday I took quite a few photos of quilt blocks and projects I've been working on lately. I have made about 20 6" blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (there are about 150 so it will be a while before I make them all, if I ever do). I have also made a couple of class samples for an applique class I'll be teaching this winter. Here are a couple of the little blocks:
These are fun to make but sometimes time-consuming. A 6" Dresden Plate took me 3 days to finish. I am using fabrics that I like in a very random way. I plan to use a tan or other neutral sashing to put them together... someday!

1 comment:

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

I love that purple block! I also love the Elm Creek books and Sylvia's Bridal is on my "to do" list. Please keep posting pics as you go along :-)