Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rushing the season!

When I woke up today, the telltale "swish" of tires on wet pavement suggested another rainy day. Just perfect for sewing and reading! In preparation, I got the mopping and vaccuuming downstairs done in the dark. By the time I finished, it was just beginning to get light out. When I glanced out the back windows, I was surprised to see snow streaming down from the sky. We have about 1/4" of an inch of wet stuff out there, which is waaaaay too soon in the season for my taste. This will surely make the leaves that are left on the trees fall down.

Last week, we drove over to Lake Champlain to visit a friend and noticed, despite the rain, that the foliage was at peak. It was a lovely ride, and I decided to drive home via one of my favorite towns, Westford. The views were beautiful. This is indeed a great place to live although this morning's weather has been thinking more seriously about planning a trip south in Jan.-Feb.!

1 comment:

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Oh I just love VT! I have family there and lived there for a while years ago. I miss it. But hubby's job is in MA so at least I can visit :-)