Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heat wave!

According to the weather people, an official Vermont heat wave involves our having three days of 90 degree temperatures or higher. We seem to be in the middle of one. It was nearly 75 degrees when I got up this morning at 5:30. My question is, what do they call it when we have multiple days of 89 degrees? Suffice it to say, these days are best spent at the mall, in the car with the AC on, or at a lake, not upstairs sewing. This morning, I am headed to the garage (with its AC on) for an oil change. This afternoon, I'll spend a little time at the cool library.

But in between, I will probably be sewing on the second of two quilts for Camp Agape. I finished one yesterday with bear fabric. It's definitely outside my comfort zone, but the top is put together, and I'll wait until it cools before quilting it and Rainbow Sylvia made with Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks and finished over the weekend. I'm not sure if I'm going to put borders on it, so I'm letting it rest for a while in three pieces. I don't even know if I'll quilt it or if I'll send it out to Mary to be quilted. No hurry!

On the 4th of July, we cooled off at Pat and Jay's island on Greenwood Lake where we took a dip and had dinner, followed by a boat parade. Our boat had a "Take me out of the ballgame" theme, and we came in first out of the six boats, kayaks, etc. We were sick of the song by the time it all ended. The prize was a gallon of wine from Camp Divino. I think the ladies who paddled their kayak all the way around should have gotten a prize for sheer effort.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt is wonderful!! such lovely colors. Sorry the heat wave got to you way up north. In Arkansas it was very hot before we left and it is warmer than normal I think here in western Nebraska. Weather is strange this year.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/