Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lime and black queen-sized quilt

slideshow image
It's been a rather intense week since I've been working on a quilt.  I don't usually follow patterns but this quilt, "Summer Bliss," designed by Marti Michell and featured in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine last month, caught my eye.   The magazine called it "easy, breezy," and I was looking for something rather quick that would use lime and black fabrics I've been accumulating for a while.  So picture this in those striking colors. 

The blocks are big - 20" - and there are just 12.  The star blocks alternate with the square in a square ones.  I started it last Saturday and hope to finish it today.  I ran out of one crucial fabric, so I called the store where I bought it about six months ago, and they popped it into the mail.  It came the next day!  Stay tuned for real photos...

No comments: