Thursday, July 25, 2013

Denise's round robin, etc.

I joined an online round robin group but the person before me was MIA.  So after a couple of months without anything to work on, I received Denise's center last weekend.  It poured all day Tuesday, so I started working on my round, 5" wide.  And here we are! 

These are not my colors, but I enjoy doing round robins and swaps to get me out of my comfort zone. It's all packaged up to head to Candy for her round, and I will await the next one, which should be Cindy's, sometime early in Sept.  Meanwhile, I can keep working on various UFOs.

One project I'm working on is called "Family Estate" from a book by Edyta Sitar.  Pieced house blocks alternate with appliqued ones featuring fruit and a bluebird.  It's pretty easy but a perfect hand project for the hot weather we had last week.  I'm ready to put the 9 blocks together, for a 30" x 30" center, and after a little more applique, I'll add a border or two.  I envision a wallhanging since I have plenty of bed-sized quilts around the house right now.  I like Edyta Sitar's patterns which combine batiks with other fabrics.   Maybe I'll even handquilt it, but don't hold me to it!

No comments: