Sunday, July 14, 2013

Three finishes

With 42 straight days of rain at some point during the day, it has been hard to take pictures of finished projects.  We had a cloudy morning, but the sun finally came out, so I could take a few pictures.  First, there's the Twirly Baby Quilt, which will go in a raffle basket for the children's room at the library this fall.
 
Next comes the Cozy Nine Patch throw, made from blocks received in a swap at my guild along with some more blocks made by Bob (he made a batch for everyone in the guild) and by me.  I used a setting from a Bonnie Hunter pattern.  This is "cozy" because I used Quilter's Dream Supreme batting, which feels like the thickness of two batts.  It's going on my etsy shop.

 
And finally, today I finished sewing the binding on this sampler made with blocks from a "Square Robin" as well as the guild block of the month.  I'm calling it Heart of Vermont Sampler, 2013 because it all centers around the guild block (which I designed).  I spread it out on the sofa, so you can't see the top row, but it's a good-sized square and will be great for wrapping up while reading this winter.

 
 
I quilted each of these quilts on my home machine.  The Cozy one I did in a basic grid pattern because of the thickness of the batting, but the sampler is a true sampler, which free motion, stitch-in-the-ditch, outline, and other quilting.  it was fun.  Now on to finish a few more flimsies!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are all nice! I especially love the child quilt.