Saturday, June 14, 2014

Another finish!

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the large throw I finished this morning, and it is already at the longarmers!  I drove it down today along with the Nearly Insane/Loyal Union Sampler.  While in Lisa's shop, I just had to browse around and ended up taking four yards of fabric home with me.  One of them was free because I filled up my punch card (buy 10 yards, get one free - a great deal!). 

What I finished was what I'm calling "Lady Sybil's Circle," a square throw made of 9 blocks, using Downton Abbey fabric, the Lady Sybil Collection which is mostly soft blue, teal, and burgundy.  I ran out of the soft blue, so I had to order a little more for the inner border, and then surrounded it with a wider burgundy border.  I used a light lavender print that I got from Carol who is drastically reducing her stash in anticipation of moving to Pennsylvania. 

It feels so good to have a few things finished, out the door, and a little room to breathe in the quilting room!  I am busy appliqueing the borders for my Ocean quilt - two are finished, and two more need to be done.  I am going to quilt it myself, so need to be thinking about the back.  What shall I use?  I have lots of big pieces of yardage, but they don't quite go with the front.  Before I decide, though, I am just going to keep on appliqueing those vines.

No comments: