Tuesday, July 22, 2014

This 'n' that

I haven't been blogging much this summer - too many things to do!  We hike Tuesdays, some Sundays, and some other days in the town forest.  Last week, we went on a little getaway to New London, NH, to see "Spamalot" and stay at the New London Inn, which felt like the lap of luxury.  Built in the late 1700's, the inn is on Main St., just down from Colby-Sawyer College and amid well-kept white houses with picket fences, lovely plantings, and cute shops.  The public library has a gorgeous public garden designed by the Olmsteds.  It was all very picturesque and a nice break in our routine.  Dinner at my friend's brother's Flying Goose Brew Pub was delicious, too.

In between, I've been quilting steadily on a throw, 60" x 60", made of black, white and red blocks from one of my guilds' block robins this year.  It's coming along nicely.  I am also laying out 6" swap blocks from around the world as the final block is due soon and I'd like to get them together.  It should end up as a very sweet small quilt.   Yesterday, a surprise package arrived from Janet in Indiana.  It was my SUMMER swap - everything started with one of the letters of summer, including some Satin, Useful measuring tape, a Magazine, a Mug rug made by Janet (so adorable!), Embellishments, and Rick Rac!


This weekend our town celebrates Heritage Days with lots going on downtown.   I'll be helping with the library booksale, voter registration on Main St., the coop grocery table, etc. and probably also eating lots of street food.  I hope I make it to Lenny's tent sale to look at the shoes and sandals - they are always a good buy there.  And just hoping for not-too-hot weather and clear skies for the booksale!

No comments: