Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Making progress

A few more UFOs have been worked on since I last posted.  It's fun to see progress!  I made a bunch of green 9" blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge early this month due to general busy-ness coming up.

Next, I tackled the row robin I participated in last year.  I had received some Australian fabrics in exchange for postage in a swap I hosted.  Folks were much too generous; I loved these fabrics and wanted to use them for something special.  One lady sent a  panel with Australian wreaths which became the center medallion.  Four of the rows were used as borders around the center, and then I added a couple of blocks to the last two rows to make the quilt rectangular.  I'm calling it An Australian Christmas and am looking forward to quilting it.  I'm piecing the back with scraps and some signature blocks.  This makes three quilts in the closet waiting for quilting, but I find summer a good time for that, especially now with AC in the sewing room.

I made a center block for a round robin I'll be participating in using fabric from two sets of charm squares, and I finished appliqueing another guild logo block modelled on the traditional Moon Over the Mountains block.  Photos will be up... eventually!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Australian Christmas is so appropriate!