Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The orange challenge

This year I resolved to use more orange in my quilts, and, by golly, I have been!  I am doing Pat Sloan's "Vacation Time" mystery BOM, and I also just finished a modified "Sarah's Sampler" (from Jennifer Chiaverini's The Quilter's Apprentice) in oranges and grays.
I love the way it turned out as the grays all have a blue tone to them.  Quilting each block differently made it more of a sampler, too.  This quilt is going to the Parkinsons Comfort Quilt Project.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad spring has finally gotten your way! I responded to your last email two times only to have my computer say they couldn't send it. I don't know if it ever went your way, I had a different e mail saved for you then the one that had been on your current message - my computer has been playing with me like that recently with other messages that I send out - so anyhow - happy spring and glad you can finally open your windows!