Sunday, July 17, 2016

The bike

I finished wrapping the bicycle for Soft Bomb Barre with fabric scraps today - and I have enough scraps left to make a quilt or two.  I thought that would be the case.  Anyway, I have been spray painting it with clear coat which I hope will make it more weather-proof.   I'm waiting until next Monday to put it in the bike rack behind the library because I worry that, with rain and morning dew, it will just sag and look pathetic.

Driving through town, I've noticed some hanging sculptures and streamers here and there, and more is scheduled to come between now and Heritage Days (July 29-30).  The library will be having a fiber art exhibit with items knitted, crocheted, and quilted throughout the building.  I have two wall hangings just about ready to hang.  Just want to run a lint roller over one that's been on the wall for a while.

Next steps:  attach a quilted seat cover, hot glue on some crocheted flowers, devise some streamers for the handle bars, decide whether or not to have a basket on the front, and figure out how to "chain" it to the bike rack.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Sounds like you will have a fun time at this library event!