Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A new BOM

Balkan Puzzle is the first of nine Blocks of the Month planned in one of my local quilt guilds this year.  I love the pink batik background for its hints of purple that go with various purple fabrics I received for my birthday.  I plan to make each 12" block monthly along with some in other sizes through the year.

I also signed up for a "Block Robin" with the same guild and have asked each person to use the same pink background and some purples for 3", 6", or 9" blocks.    In this swap, we each gather a bag of fabric which will be passed from person to person each month to make one block. 

I have made a couple of these 3-6-9-12 quilts, filling in with the background to make the blocks appear to float.  They always turn out really nicely and are fun to put together.  Of course, the 3" blocks are pretty challenging, but make awfully cute fillers.  Here's to another project on the "slow go!"

No comments: