Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Be My Neighbor blocks
Moda had created the quilt as a block of the week, so I made the one on the left (Block #1) several weeks ago. I made my tree with two too many branches, so the next seven swap blocks I made scrappier and with only five branches and the top. For the next block (#12), I made the nine patches way too busy, so the next blocks I made the nine patches black and yellow.
These are fairly large, easy blocks. #1 is 18" x 18" finished and #12 is 9" x 18" finished. Other blocks have a cute bird appliqued, but the appliqued block choices went quickly. We were to include a little yellow in each block and the background was to be cream. I can't wait to see what the other people are doing, but the blocks aren't due til June, so I have a long time to wait. Hope I can remember where I've stashed my blocks after I mail the rest out. 😊