I make quilts for people with Parkinsons Disease for the VT/NH Parkinsons Comfort Project, and a few have been piling up to be mailed soon. I hope to get them on their way in the next few days. First is the quilt from one of my local guilds' 2016 round robin. I like the way I quilted it, with grids in most of the borders, some outlining in the center, and a bit of "borders made easy" on the plain border. It isn't really the prescribed size, but I imagine it will appeal to someone who is in need of a lift, mood-wise.
I had a quilt that was 60" x 60" that I really didn't like. So I cut it down to the requested 40" x 60" size. That is so that someone in a wheelchair can keep cozy, and I actually like it better in this new size. The process of cutting the quilt down was surprisingly easy as I simply cut 10" off each side with my rotary cutter and added new bindings. I hated to cut into it, but at the same time I am happy to make something that someone can use.
The third quilt is 40" x 60" and was the result of a swap of half-square triangle blocks in an online group. I had a bunch of other sizes of HSTs also, and, as a matter of fact, still have a whole bunch more sitting in a box waiting to be used somehow. I quilted this quilt fairly simply also, following the pattern of the lights and darks.